BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Something old, something new, something wood & something round

June 15th 2012. Just a date to some but to me the memories really flow back like a flood. Let me explain as to why.

Tonight as I watch my beloved Astros play my beloved Rangers in their 1980's something era jerseys I am taken back to being a YOUNG baseball fan.

These jerseys remind me of a time when Craig Biggio position was behind home plate, his number was 4 not 7 & he was the "youngin" on the team. A time when Jeff Bagwell was a name in Double A for the Red Sox. A time when Ken Caminiti, Bill Doran, Jose Cruz, & Nolan Ryan (along with so many others) played baseball in the "Dome" NOT the "Juice box"

Tonight as I watch this game I really am seeing "something old, something new, something wood & something round" by that I mean "old" jerseys being worn by "new" players, using "wood"en bats & "round" baseballs. I see these guys as a soon to be 25 year old baseball fan. I cant help but look back on the many memories & think of how much I did not realize at such a young age how much this "simple" game would years from then be a "HUGE" part of my life. I did not realize that I loved the game as much as I do, back then the only people that could see my love for the game were my parents & Larry Andersen. Now the people that know my love of the game are my many friends that play baseball professionally, their girls & my family.

Its funny to think that so many years ago with the reminder of the "throw back/retro" jerseys so many memories would be brought back in one nights time, that I really am grown & am blessed daily along with being humbled & honored to call several ballplayers friend. I guess you could say its "something old" combined with "something new"!

Until next time. Peace Love & Baseball!!

0 comments: