BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 23, 2012

Thoughts on thoughts...

Hello again readers and welcome to my newest post ” Thoughts on thoughts”. I am sure many of you are wondering why I decided to title it that and frankly you have great reasoning to do so.

As many if not all that read my blog know, I infact love baseball. I love it so much I would marry the game if I could, but because I can not I will just have to marry a player! Over my numerous years of loving this game God has blessed me with many friends in the game. Some current MLB players, some minor league players, some trainers in the game & even some retired players. For all of my baseball buds that God sent to befriend me in life I am very thankful for everyone of them! But for once I am just going to be a ” fan” of the game. I must put my ” friendships” aside to write this blog, which is not going to be easy.

Every year I go to game after game after game, keeping score eating seeds & really just having a blast. While doing this I have simply wondered ”what thoughts are running through these players heads?” Is it a simple ”wait for my pitch?” Or is something like ” I am a free agent this year, will I be playing next season or could this maybe be my last year?” I have wondered these thoughts for many years & finally decided to give a take on my thoughts about their thoughts.

So here it goes... Players come and go, teams win a World Series and lose a World Series, something us ”fans” know a little to well. But have any of us really given a thought as to what players are thinking? My answer is simple. ”I doubt it”. As fans we get so caught up in the game itself, not thinking of the players or the family they must give up for 6+ months of the season. As ” fans” we scream and tell them how to play when they already know what to do. I mean for goodness sake it is THEIR job. As ” fans” we forget that those guys play their hearts out only to have it broken if they lose the season. As ”fans” we think we know more about what they are doing on the field, then they do! But as a ” fan” over the years I have come to realize I know as much of the game as they do. So many of us hear goofy things that Yogi Berra said such as ” 90% of the game is half mental” & laugh. But what us ”fans” do not realize that saying is 100% truth!

Players don't play baseball because they have to, they play it because they want to. They play it knowing that ” 90% of the game really is half mental.” Those ”thoughts” that are running through their minds are the very same ones we as ” fans” think of as well. Nobody wants to get struck out! Seriously! Think about it, all of us play a game. That game is life, we are all ”players” each of us has ”struck out at the plate” at least one time in life. Each one of us has ”hit a grand slam” at least once in our lives. Each of us have used ”90% of the game” spending half the time thinking, or being ”mental”. So that simply is my thoughts on thoughts. Next time you see a player on the field, smile think to yourself ”we are all playing this game, some just play it better then others. These guys play another game in the game of life.”

Until next time. Peace. Love. Baseball!!

0 comments: